Monday, June 2, 2008

scary...


I'm writing this from the bus to plymouth... well, the bus after the one I wanted to take to plymouth. I'm on my way to dartmoor, in the south west of England. more specifically a small town called Princetown. where i found a backpackers with space to accommodate me for the night. There's quite a bit of rock out that way..,(apparently), and with a bit of luck, there'll be some people climbing it. I had hoped to catch the bus to plymouth, and Ihen another bus on to princetown, leaving a couple of hours after the first one arrived. Now, I'm on a bus that's supopsed to arrive in plymouth 20 mins after the bus to princetown leaves..., but due to heavy demand on this service an extra bus was put on..., I think this bus is going direct, and consequently may arrive early enough for me to catch the connection to princetown. If it doesn't, then i guess I'll just have to find somewhere to stay in plymouth.., hopefully not in a train station, or lying in the gutter somewhere.

we're currently driving on the motorway past London's sewerage treatment plant, or is it the drinking water plant?, or perhaps, having experienced the flavour of london's water, they could be one in the same.

Yesterday, I managed to catch up with Leah Dryland, to experience Ben's cookies, which, although the chocolate in them most certainly wasn't up to nz standards, were still rather delicious. Then we met a man looking for love, casual sex, or something somewhere in between in Leicester square. a realitively affordable pub all day breakfast served as a pretty filling dinner.., especially after I ate half of leah's one as well.

Right now, I'm nervously wondering if I'll arrive at plymouth in time to board the bus to princetown, (assuming that i can find where it departs from)... And if I arrive too late, or can't find the bus station, what I'll end up doing... hopefully I'll be able to upload this post asap so anyone who actually reads my blog will be held in the same suspense as I am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you alive? Did you ever get to princetown. The suspense is killing me.