Friday, May 30, 2008

London, after a week



I'm looking at the end of a nice, but not especially exciting week in London. I've seen a few parks,but none of the big ones, seen lotsa squirrels!! but haven't photographed any yet, thought about what I want to do with myself here, but I haven't really come to any conclusions. I have managed to see Sarah (who didn't realise that her office backed on to a rather large park with tennis courts and Chantelle, who seems to have settled in pretty well in her 4 months here. Yesterday I decided that I'd go to the peaks district today, but the peaks district turned into Dartmoor, and Today turned into tomorrow,after 3.5 hours of trying to work out transport and accommodation .., Fingers crossed, I might just find someone to climb with while I'm there.., but failing that, I guess at least I'll be able to have a nice wander around in the countryside..., (carrying 8Kg of unnecessary climbing gear)

The Science Museum in London is amazing.., I spent 6 hours there, and only managed 1.5 floors (out of 5 floors), and on the way there, wandering through the Imperial College of London,I found some music graduates proving that climbing on things and traditions are still alive and well over here.. (good to see :) )

No comments: