Saturday, June 21, 2008

Still more cornwall.

Well, since the last post, I've discovered that there's a lovely bouldering spot just 15 mins walk from where i'm staying... Of course, I made this discovery
after many days of not climbing..., (which, of course was followed by a 1 hour session of climbing.., cut short by the rising tide and the rain...,).., and 4 hours on the next day.... wonderful, yet horrific rock. My kind of climbing..., slopers, long reaches, high feet (if any), but as soon as you get above the stuff that the sea doesn't reach, it becomes chossy, and a little scary... since it's all mudstone.

Sadly, I haven't been able to take any decent pictures of the rocks yet, and even sadder, it's been raining for the last couple of days, so I haven't had a chance to get onto the rock again. On the plus side, more of my relatives arrived on Friday, and its been great to meet some of them, and see Richard again.
This evening everyone is at a wedding of some of their cousins on the Doble side, and I'm being a little anti-social and sitting round at home writing my blog, intending to get a good night's sleep.., so with a little bit of luck, i'll be wide awake tomorrow, and the weather won't be too bad. :)
It looks like i should be going climbing on Monday evening at a little-known indoor wall somewhere relatively nearby.

Tomorrow promises to be a blast with much boozing to be had..., (although, hopefully, the weather will be agreeable and i'll be able to get out and take a few pics.)

No comments: